Reports to: Facility Manager
Status: Full-time position available, hourly, 8am – 4pm, Wednesday – Sunday, some early, late, or weekend work as necessary.
Salary: Starts at $10/hour, commensurate with experience.
Summary: The Housekeeper performs a variety of tasks designed to manage and maintain a high standard of cleanliness, general appearance, and functionality of the two museum historic sites and six historic buildings in downtown Richmond. The duties and responsibilities of the Housekeeping and Facilities Assistant positions include:
- Clean and restock bathrooms.
- Stock, organize, and maintain inventory and equipment at all facilities.
- Clean and vacuum museum lobby & galleries, corridors & offices, education/meeting room and kitchen, and other rooms.
- Monitor and replace light bulbs throughout the building.
- Dust, light window-cleaning, and other light housekeeping duties.
- Clean and maintain the safety of outdoor spaces & walkways.
- Monitor the exhibit galleries during hours for safety, security, equipment functionality, cleanliness, and visitor needs.
- Provide facilities support and set up at special events and programs after normal business hours.
- Work with other housekeeping staff to coordinate responsibilities and scheduling.
- Assist with opening and closing of the museum as it pertains to building security.
- Assist with Community Services Program volunteer work assignments & fulfillment.
- Other duties as assigned which may include light electrical, sanding, painting & finishing, at the Direction of the Facility Manager.
- Be on call to assist outside contracted technicians for scheduled and required maintenance and repair.
- Able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that will include weekends and holidays
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Reliable transportation to and from work and between sites. Mileage between sites during the business day is reimbursable.
Education and experience:
- 3-5 years of experience housekeeping at large corporate office, museum, hotel, or residence building.
- High school diploma or completion of a GED program preferable. ? Experience with light electrical, carpentry, or related maintenance work a plus.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job posting closes on September 20, 2019, at midnight. NO CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.