Students can explore the Civil War and its legacies by visiting one or more of our three campuses. Provide an enriching, hands-on experience for them by booking a field trip.
American Civil War Museum Field Trip Programs:
Programs facilitated by our staff are hands-on, participatory experiences based current Virginia SOLs and Common Core standards. Programs are approximately 30-minutes long, but vary slightly by program.
All programs require a minimum of 10 students and are included with museum admission, following the pricing structure below.
Programs at Historic Tredegar are often presented in collaboration with the Richmond National Battlefield Park. Please contact us at our Historic Tredegar location for more information.
Available programs include:
For more information or to book a field trip, please contact:
Additional Reservation Information:
- A "group" constitutes 10 or more youths/students. 1 free chaperone is included for every 10 students.
- Programming requires a minimum of 10 youths/students. Programming is available for smaller groups if they pay for the equivalent of 10 youths/students.
- The group rate only is available when booked in advance.
- Groups must be booked at least two weeks in advance. Reservations of fewer than two weeks in advance are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Programming depends on availability.
- Cancelations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Cancelations less than 24 hours in advance of a scheduled booking and/or "no-show" groups still are responsible for paying for their originally booked reservations.
- Payments are due upon arrival at the museum. Groups must pay as a group (one payment for the whole).
- Get a map for bus parking at the White House and Museum of the Confederacy. Full color version. Black and white version.