Site Rental FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there any indoor rental space?

At this time we do not offer indoor site rental space at Historic Tredegar. We may however be able to rent out our Conference Room for meetings. We do offer indoor event space at the Museum of the Confederacy location. Please contact our Events Coordinator if interested.

Do we have to rent our own tables and chairs?

Yes. The museum does not provide any rental items.

What time can I (or my vendors) access the venue the day of my event?

Anytime after 9:00 am is usually acceptable.  If there is not an event the day before then we can work out delivery and some set-up in advance, as long as it is pre-requested and approved by Museum staff.

Do we need insurance?

Yes, you are responsible for obtaining event liability insurance and providing the museum with a Certificate of Insurance.

Do we have to hire security?

Yes. The Museum will provide you with contact information for our Security Coordinator.

Do you provide parking?

We do. Free parking for all guests and vendors is provided with site rental. The security staff will help coordinate parking.

Can vehicles stay overnight in the parking lot?

Yes, they can be picked up the next day after 9:00am. Gates are locked after the event and re-open the following morning.

What do you do in case of inclement weather?

Tent walls and/or heaters and fans can be rented from the tent company directly.

Can the Brick Courtyard be tented for the wedding ceremony?

Yes. We are happy to recommend tent rental companies. If another event is taking place the previous day or day after your event, you must arrange for the tent’s timely set-up and removal.

Can the ceremony be moved under the large event tent?

Yes, that is the most efficient way to hold the ceremony if there is inclement weather at the time of the scheduled ceremony.

Can we store anything overnight?

Yes, arrangements can be made with the event coordinator for pre-event or post-event storage.

Do you have a kitchen for the caterer?

We do not have an indoor kitchen space for a caterer. All catering is done outside in a designated area. Depending on the menu, the caterer would rent the appropriate equipment they would need to cater. Some caterers will require a catering tent. We provide a designated area for this tent.

We may allow you to use our staff kitchen refrigerator to keep desert items chilled.

Can we use sparklers or confetti for our “couple exit”?

Generally no. With pre-approval, arrangements may be made.

Do you have electricity?

Yes, we have electricity at the Ceremony and Reception area.

If you are having a band or adding additional lighting, we suggest also renting a Distribution Box with extension cord. 

Do you provide any lighting? 

We provide the lighting around the perimeter of the tent.  Extra lighting can be professionally added to the tent and/or outdoor areas with pre-approval by the museum staff. We are happy to help recommend lighting companies.

Is there a “Bridal Suite” or Get Ready Room?

Yes, the Bridal Party is able to use our Administration Building’s Conference Room the day of.  The Museum is not responsible for items left behind. Private bathroom access on the 1st floor.

Is there a “Green Room” for the band?

Yes, the band is able to use our Staff Kitchen during the event. Private bathroom access on the 1st floor.

Is your question not answered here? Please contact our Events Coordinator.

Share This