For ACWM Visitor ENTRY:
Before you come:
- For the last 14 days, visitors must be free of any COVID-19 symptoms and any known contact with someone with COVID-19.
- We strongly encourage visitors to buy their tickets in advance online, in order to limit payment contact with the front desk staff.
At the museum:
- Visitors must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose at all times. This is required for any visitors aged 5 years and older. If you have medical reasons that you cannot wear a mask, please call our front desk before your visit to discuss possible accommodations with staff (804-649-1861).
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others not in your party.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entry and frequently during your visit.
- Minimize touching.
- Leave all unnecessary personal items in your vehicle or at home.
Please help keep yourself and others safe by practicing social distancing and following hygiene and safety protocols.
For ACWM STAFF ENTRY:
- Staff must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times indoors and around others.
- Staff take their temperatures before coming into work.
- Staff sanitize their hands immediately upon entry to the building.
- Staff periodically wipes down their personal workspace(s).
- Staff maintains social distancing (6’ apart) as much as possible with visitors and coworkers and minimizes non-essential interactions with coworkers.
Safety & Sanitizing Protocols
- Building capacity is set at a reduced level, with staff monitoring total numbers of people inside the building. Some areas (i.e. gift shop) have their own capacity limits.
- Each location has one-way entrances and exits, in order to make it easier for visitors to maintain 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Staff sanitizes public common surfaces hourly, including door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, drinking fountains, bathroom handles and sinks, and benches.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all at the entrance of the museum as well as around the building; we ask visitors to sanitize hands frequently.
- We strongly encourage visitors to buy their tickets in advance online, as well as forms of contactless pay, in order to limit payment contact with the front desk staff.
- Some interactive elements have been removed for your safety. Remaining exhibit interactives are being disinfected hourly. Please use your own judgment.
- Large and outdoor artifacts cannot be disinfected without damaging them. Please keep them and each other safe by not touching.
- Please minimize handling and touching of products in the gift shop.