For ACWM Visitor ENTRY:
- Visitors must wear a face mask when entering the building and wear it at all times.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others not in your party.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entry and frequently during your visit.
Recommendations for entry:
- Leave all unnecessary personal items in your vehicle or at home in order to minimize bringing contaminated objects into public spaces.
- Minimize touching.
Please help keep yourself and others safe by practicing social distancing and following hygiene and safety protocols.
For ACWM STAFF ENTRY:
- Staff is to wear a face mask into and through buildings. The mask may be removed if staff member is working in an isolated space away from coworkers and visitors.
- Temperatures to be taken before coming into work.
- Staff to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry to the building (before using the thermometer).
- Staff is to be intentional about periodically wiping down their personal workspace(s).
- Staff to maintain social distancing (6’ apart) as much as possible with visitors and coworkers and try to minimize non-essential interactions with coworkers.
General Public Area:
- Building capacity is set at a reduced level, with staff monitoring total numbers of people inside the building.
- Each location has one-way entrances and exits, in order to make it easier for visitors to maintain 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Staff are sanitizing public common surfaces hourly, including door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, drinking fountains, bathroom handles and sinks, and benches.
FRONT DESK & Gift Shop:
- We strongly encourage visitors to buy their tickets in advance online, in order to limit payment contact with the front desk staff.
- Wipe down high touch surfaces after every use (ie: card readers, countertops, phones)
- Staff must wear facemasks/face shields and can wear provided gloves.
- Hourly cleaning at the top of the hour: front desk counters, computers, desk phones, etc.
- After each visitor, ACWM staff wipes down counter space & card readers
- To be cleaned hourly by ACWM staff:
- Wipe down computer screen and keyboard
- Clean shop space, with extra focus on high touch surfaces
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all at the entrance of the shop; we ask visitors to sanitize hands before entering.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the shop, with a queuing area outside it. Maximum occupancy: Tredegar – 10; Appomattox – 10; WHC – 3
- Visitors will hold items for scanning and bag their own purchases
- ACWM encourages contactless pay.
- Please minimize handling and touching of products
Exhibits and Artifacts
- Some interactive elements have been removed for your safety. Remaining exhibit interactives are being disinfected hourly. Please use your own judgement.
- Large and outdoor artifacts cannot be disinfected without damaging them. Please keep them and each other safe by not touching.