Visitors & Group Admissions
Public Mask Requirements
- Due to the close proximity of our tours, we will require masks for all individuals visiting the White House of the Confederacy, regardless of vaccination status starting August 9, 2021.
- Following CDC guidelines we will encourage all visitors to wear masks while indoors at our Historic Tredegar and Appomattox locations, regardless of vaccination status.
- School groups will still be required to wear a mask. Our staff, when interfacing with youth, will be required to wear masks and follow the same protocols as schools by maintaining at least 3 feet away. Masks are required for ALL visitors when school groups are on site in order to protect the health of our visiting school groups.
People are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two (2) weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Capacity limits will be lifted effective May 29, 2021. Our Visitor Engagement staff are encouraged to equip our visitors with information to make informed decisions about their stay, such as letting our visitors know that they can start their visit to the Museum in one of the upstairs changing galleries if the main gallery is full and they may enjoy the start of their visit in a less crowded space.
- There will no longer be a capacity limit on adult group tours. Group tours will not be booked after 2 pm on Saturday to avoid any parking lot issues with buses when Foundry events are scheduled for that Saturday evening. Youth/student group tours will continue with some additional protocols and distancing in line with current public health guidelines for schools.
- White House tour capacity to increase to 12 visitors per tour and return to the former two-floor full tour route effective May 29, 2021.
- We will continue to encourage social distancing by keeping signage up encouraging social distancing as well as the social distancing floor stickers.
Cleaning Protocols and Safety Supplies & Equipment
- Our current cleaning protocols of sanitizing high-touch areas every hour will continue.
Updated September 15, 2021