Groups of 15 people or more are eligible for hands-on and artifact-driven programs, where we guide you through the complexities of the Civil War and its legacies. All programs can be adapted for various ages, interests levels, and abilities.
Student Tours & Educational Programs
During field trips at ACWM, students become historians, exploring primary source documents and artifacts to delve deeply into the human stories of the Civil War. Using historical and critical thinking skills, students investigate people’s lives, the impact of war, and how echoes from the past surround us. Our student programming aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning and Common Core.
Contact us for more scheduling information. Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Book early to ensure availability. To book your Student Group Tour or Youth Program, contact us at email@example.com.
Youth Group Rate (15+ Individuals)
|Youth Programs Only||Tredegar||Tredegar + White House of the Confederacy||White House of the Confederacy||Appomattox||Virtual Program|
|Youth/Students||$8||$12||$7||$5||First Program: $75 (for entire class and adults)|
|Paying Adults||$16||$24||$13||$11||Additional Programs: $50 (for entire class and adults)|
Teachers, let’s keep the conversation going! Sign up for our Educator Newsletter!
Adult Group Tours
Let us help you plan the perfect Civil War experience for your group’s needs! Programs are subject to availability. If you need to cancel, we kindly request that you inform us at least 24 hours in advance. If you cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled booking, the cost of the original program will still apply. Book early to ensure availability. For further information and to book, please get in touch with Kelly Hancock at (804) 649-1861, extension 121, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Group Rate (15+ Individuals)
|Group Rate||Tredegar||Tredegar + White House of the Confederacy||White House of the Confederacy||Appomattox||All Three Sites|
Additional Reservation Information
- Group Tours must be booked at least two weeks in advance. The group rate is only available when booked in advance. *Reservations of fewer than two weeks in advance are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Every 10 students one chaperone is admitted free.
- A “group” requires a minimum of 15 people. **Programming is available for smaller groups if they pay for the equivalent of 15 individuals.
- For youth groups, rates include museum admission, a classroom program, and a site-specific program experience. **Additional experiences can include more programs at the same or different Museum locations.
- Programming depends on availability.
- Payments are due upon arrival at the museum. Groups must pay as a group (one payment for the whole).
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellations less than 24 hours before a scheduled booking and/or “no-show” groups are still responsible for paying for their originally booked reservations.