Teacher Advisory Council
Help guide the development of offerings for students and your fellow teachers and be part of the exciting evolution of the American Civil War Museum for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Come be a part of one of our two Advisory Councils!
We are looking for teachers from around the Commonwealth of Virginia and across the nation who are interested in shaping how their fellow teachers and students engage with history.
We have many ambitious goals for the 2020–2021 Academic Year, which will require direct input from our Teacher Advisory Council. We are now offering two councils, one to represent the teachers of the Commonwealth of Virginia and one to represent educators across the nation.
The American Civil War Museum is looking for teachers who are interested in shaping how their fellow teachers and students engage with history. We are looking for educators who:
- Teach any grade level, but especially those who cover content related to the American Civil War.
- Are enthusiastic about helping our organization to create excellent, relevant, and useful offerings for teachers and their students, for use on-site at the museums and in the classroom.
- Can help shape our vision for how we want to best serve educators and their students.
- Are flexible, creative, innovative, and reflective.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Can commit to 1-year participation, estimated at 20 hours total active time.
- Complimentary educator membership to the American Civil War Museum for 1 year, and all associated benefits of Museum membership.
- Upon request, a certificate or letter acknowledging participation for potential recertification points.
- Networking with fellow educators from around the Commonwealth.
- Opportunity to guide the development of offerings for all teachers and students utilizing both personal experience and professional best practice.
Deadline to Apply is October 2, 2020 by 11:59 PM
For questions or to apply, please contact Joseph Rogers, Education Programs Manager, at [email protected].