Teacher Advisory Council
Help guide the development of offerings for students and your fellow teachers and be part of the exciting evolution of the American Civil War Museum for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The application process for this year’s Teacher Advisory Council is now open! Applications are due by December 13.
Come be a part of one of our two Advisory Councils!
The American Civil War Museum is looking for 12 teachers from across the United States for our National Teacher Advisory Council.
We want educators who:
● Are interested in shaping how their fellow teachers and students engage with history.
● Teach at any grade level, especially those covering content related to the American Civil War.
● Are enthusiastic about helping our organization to create excellent, relevant, and useful offerings for teachers and their students for use on-site at the museums and in the classroom.
● Can help shape our vision for how we want to serve educators and their students best.
● Are flexible, creative, innovative, and reflective.
● Networking with fellow educators from around the state and the country.
● Opportunity to guide the development of offerings for all teachers and students utilizing both personal experience and professional best practices.
● Upon request, a certificate or letter acknowledging participation for potential recertification points.
● Complimentary educator membership to the American Civil War Museum for 1 year, and all associated benefits of Museum membership.
For questions, please contact Kelly Hancock, Director of Programs & Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from Past Members
“I loved learning about the resources the Museum had for teachers to use back at home; enjoyed learning about future resource development.”
“I liked getting to know teachers from across the country and to talk history with them. I liked the programs being offered by the museum. I wish I had these when I was teaching high school! I believe they really did value what the advisory committee had to say. I thought communication was appropriate & informative, especially after I was signed up for the newsletter.“
“Developing curriculums with online artifacts to explore. They are fantastic: focused, rich, and relevant. I hope to continue working with the museum on the TAC to maintain connection to the museum and fellow educators so that I can experience more.”